CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Third Time's a Gyro

Our favorite local Greek restaurant, Acropolis, is closed on both Sundays and Monday but we didn't know that until we tried once to go after church and they were closed, then tried a week later to go on Monday and they were closed.

Finally we got there last night and had a great dinner. Pita with hummus and Greek olives to start and I opted for the simple Gyro platter while Jeremy got the sampler.

His platter had a little bit of everything...musaka, spanicopita, grapes leaves, gyro meat with tatziki. I have no idea if I spelled any of those things right by the way. If you're new to Greek food and want to try it all, the sampler platter is really the way to go. It was a big portion that Tessa helped Jeremy eat and they were both able to make adequate pigs of themselves.

This is a great little restaurant with great food and a quaint unassuming ambiance. On certain nights they have Greek belly dancing, but we must have missed it last night.

When I was in the hospital after having Tessa, Jeremy went and got me dinner from Acropolis because of it's proximity to the hospital, but apparently thought I was joking when I asked for a giant portion of food (um, I had quite a workout to earn it) and just brought me a gyro. Last night I pre-ordered by dinner for Peanut's delivery.... a gyro platter (which includes green beans and roasted potatos) with extra tzatziki sauce and baklava for dessert. He made a mental note :)

By the way I really really love tzatziki sauce. It's a simple yogurt and cucumber sauce/spread to put on the lamb but in my opinion is the best thing about eating Greek. You could put tzatziki on a a stick and I might eat it.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

This is Dad. Please sure to post a piece here about Iaria's after our Dec. 20 night out there. It's certainly local to you and its a non-chain, non-franchise, "mom & pop" place.