CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 11, 2008

Breaking the Comfort Habit

This morning I rushed into the doctors for a last minute ultrasound to check on the Peanut. All was well but after the stress and rush I was starving and wanting something comforting. All I could think about were McDonalds chicken nuggets.

No I realize that McD's nugget are pretty crappy, even the choice of Chick-Fila would at least ensure handbreaded non-processed nuggets. But nope all I wanted were those salty, over processed chicken turds with one always the shape of Indiana and a bbq dipping sauce. Comfort Food.

So I did it. Yup you read right. I didn't even last a week on the project before cheating. I allowed myself the nuggets, justifying it as good blog fodder.

I simpy need to retrain my idea of comfort food, taking pleasure in the new food I find at my local restaurants. But there's something nice about depending on that same Indiana shaped chicken turd you had when you were 5 years old....there in lies the difficulty.

No more McD's. Its bad for me, bad for the earth, bad for the reputation of food in general and bad for my local business owner. But it sure hit the spot.

1 comments:

Stephany said...

personally i couldn't go without a mcdonald's chicken nugget, they are the only thing i eat there now with my yeast allergy and i'm an ADDICT! Seriously, puree it and hook me up to a drip IV of the stuff and I'd be a happy girl.